Monday 28 October 2013

EMOTIONS

*         A strong feeling such as love, fear, hatred, disgust or anger; the part of a person’s character that consists of feelings.
*      An alternative definition of emotion is a positive or negative experience that is associated with a particular pattern of physiological activity.
*      Physiology of emotion is closely linked to arousal of the nervous system with various states and strengths of arousal relating apparently to particular emotions.
            Ladies, it’s time to talk, personally I have realized that it takes grace and self discipline to deal with this thing called emotions.
            Women are emotional being, we get connected with people and things easily. We are easily moved by many things. I understand that some women have trained themselves in such a way that their emotions do not show but that doesn't mean that their emotions are dead. There is still a part that still feels something.
It doesn't necessary mean that you can only have emotions for the opposite sex because a lot of ladies often get confused when issues like this are discussed. Your emotions can be connected to a lot of things apart from the opposite sex.
            From the definition above, a strong feeling; it is possible to have a strong feeling for your parents, siblings, friends, colleagues, pet etc. Now the type of strong feeling (love, fear, anger, hatred) one have now depend on the individual.
            In this article, I will like to talk about our emotions towards the opposite sex. How do you feel when you sight a young guy that looks very attractive to you? How are you able to hold yourself when the young man walks up to you and says "hello", or "when a guy winks at you".
I understand that a lot of ladies can actually pretend as if they do not feel anything. Don’t misquote me, I am not saying that when you see a guy that you are attracted to that you should jump at him. Am only saying that we can’t continue to shy away or run from our feelings, we have to face it and deal with it.
            How can we really deal with our emotions in situations like this? I will tell you a story about myself.


Once upon a time, I met a young man who doesn't physically appeal to me but along the line while we got talking, I noticed that I started developing very strong feelings of love for this young man. I couldn't help it, it seems like all I ever want is to be with young man at all time. I always feel like chatting with him and talking to him on the phone but I really had to caution myself.
It looked odd for me to have strong feelings of love for someone I barely know. I had to report myself to my mentors. I also had to be sure of myself, I had to take time to take my time to also find out the things that made me get too emotional about this young man. My mentors all told me to be careful and caution myself. I realized later that the more we talked, the more I was getting very emotional with him.
            The most painful part of this story is that the young man in question isn't  attracted to me one bit. Most times when we chat I am always the one who starts a conversation, he sees me as just a friend and nothing more,not even a close one(a close friend). It was painful, its like falling for the wrong person. I was really struggling and fighting with my emotions. I started praying to God to take the thoughts of this young man off my mind. I told myself that this just cant continue. I spoke to a couple of Christian sisters about and they advised me to get myself busy with something and that in no time I will get over this young man. It worked. Gradually, I began to let go of this young man in my heart. I realize that because its been a while I got so close to a guy that was the reason why I was now so emotional about him.

           One of the sisters actually told me that something actually might have attracted me to him unconsciously but I might not have noticed.
Same goes for other single ladies out there, its possible for something to have attracted us to that guy and we might have not noticed. When we notice such feelings we should take guard.Taking guard doesn't necessarily mean that you should run away from the opposite sex like some ladies would do. Sometimes running away doesn't help because you might end up running into the arms of another without knowing. You can be friends with them but let your friendship be defined. Create boundaries and limits. Be careful of the words you use during your conversations so that you won’t send a wrong message to the person in question. Always ensure that everything you say isn't misunderstood (ensure it sends the right meaning).
            Having emotions isn't bad; it is our inability to manage our emotions that makes things worse. We can always get hold of that feeling; inability to, is what leads us into doing stuffs that are not right. Sometimes it might be a temptation or test. We really have to be careful not to fall. The moment we fall it destroys and delays our destiny. The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 10:13 (GNT)”
Every test that you have experienced is the kind that normally comes to people. But God keeps his promise and he will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm; at the time you are put to test, He will give you the strength to endure it and also provide you with a way out” (KJV) says that He will make a way of escape.
            God always provide a way of escape. Many times we might feel there is no route of escape but there is. I also know as a lady that there are times when we really crave for the touch of a man, during times like that we sometimes feel like having sex and this is due to some hormonal response in our body. I salute courageous ladies out there who take very great measures to caution themselves from getting into trouble. At this time it is not advisable for a lady to be too close to a man because she could be tempted. A lady needs to watch her relationship with the opposite sex at this time. We cant afford to be too close at this time. Some of these guys are wolfs and will like to take advantage of us at this time. Be careful not to arouse any unusual/unnecessary feelings.
            I also realize that some ladies are always eager to go into another relationship after heartbreak. You know the men of nowadays; they will like to settle for a lady of virtue, someone who they can  trust but if you fling yourself cheaply at them they will treat you cheaply too. Haven’t you realized that when you jump from one relationship to another, it doesn't last; before you know it that relationship breaks too. Take your time and settle for the best and nothing less.
I am happy to be a lady and I know you are also happy to be one. It’s time we fight that emotion, we should not allow our emotions to take the better part of us. Maintain that Integrity, we deserve to be respected because we are the mothers of tomorrow’s leaders. I love you all......CHEERS   

No comments:

Post a Comment